Re: [m2e-users] tycho project in m2e not picking up testSourceDirectory setting

You can take a look at https://github.com/open-archetypes/tycho-eclipse-plugin-archetype to see how to setup multi module tycho projects

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Steinar Bang <sb@xxxxxx> wrote:

> No, this is not expected to work. m2e/tycho projects are essentially pde
> projects inside workspace and pde does not support concept of test
> sources and test dependencies.

Right!

So what I have done for now, is to create a new maven module project,
called modeler.core.test in the top level maven project (as created from
tycho-eclipse-plugin-archetype) using maven-archetype-quickstart

Then I deleted the production source directory and all of its contents,
made a package that matched the package in the modeler.core project, and
was able to TDD up a class.

So now it works as I would like it to in m2e in eclipse.

Command line maven builds almost works (there is a test failure right
now, but I think that has a different reason).

The interesting bit will be to see if this affects the tycho-built
plugin that is to be the eventual result of this project.

Here's the code I'm working on:
 https://github.com/steinarb/modeler