[m2e-users] embedded jetty, webapp and m2e runner

Folks;

having fun with maven, m2e and classpaths again. Here's my setup: Using jetty embedded into a maven jar application, which is supposed to load and run an existing war context. We use maven assembly to build distributable binaries. Unzipping and launching these binaries, the application just works fine. However, trying to launch the application main class from within Eclipse ends with an HTTP 500 error while accessing the application in a browser:

java.lang.ClassFormatError: Absent Code attribute in method that is not native or abstract in class file javax/servlet/jsp/jstl/core/Config
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:71)

I am unsure how to fix this, and did a bunch of readings (and tried a bunch of solutions that don't really change it). What confuses me is that this issue neither happens using the application in NetBeans nor while running the maven assembly directly from the command line. However I haven't found a way where the classpath in Eclipse still could be messed - all the dependencies in Java Build path are the JDK and the maven dependencies, and the latter go into the -bin.zip, too...

Ideas, anyone?
TIA and all the best,
Kristian

Back to the top