Re: [m2e-users] m2e is not indexing poi 3.10-FINAL

On 2/16/2014, 11:37, David Law wrote:
Hi Igor,

no, I'm a maven beginner, so I didn't kow that.

But we found the problem: maven central took 6 days to reindex.
Absolutely, gob-smackingly, incredible!!

Last 2 Index-Timestamps:
nexus.index.timestamp=20140209134945.568 +0000 (@ 05:39 CET today!!)
nexus.index.timestamp=20140216125157.106 +0000 (@ 16:35 CET)

So the problem is a maven central bug & there's probably no point
investing in remote queries of indices that are 6 days out-of-date.

There are actually two indexes maintained by Central. One is updated in
near-real-time and provides remote query interface [1]. Another is
legacy index, which is updated on a relatively slow schedule (one week?)
and is only available for download.

m2e currently uses the legacy, downloadable index. By changing m2e to
use remote query API of the former, m2e will access much more frequently
updated index.

[1] http://search.maven.org/#api

Igor

Back to the top