Re: [m2e-users] Eclipse launcher classpath and Maven dependencies

I think dependency scope=runtime is what you want. It tell the tooling,
i.e. Maven or m2e, about this runtime dependency so tooling has the
chance to do the right thing for you.

Igor

On 2013-02-15 11:54 AM, Nathaniel Mishkin wrote:
Here's my situation:

Project A depends on Project B at runtime only.  Project A's POM doesn't
declare a dependency on Project B.  Since Project A will never be
launched or packaged in final form from Maven, I think this is
reasonable.  However, I want to debug Project A (and B) from Eclipse so
I created a launcher for Project A and extended the launcher's classpath
to have a reference to Project B.  What I'd _like_ to happen is that
Project B's Maven dependencies are also added to the classpath, but this
doesn't seem to happen.  Is there some way to make this happen?  If not,
should there be?

Thanks.

Nat