Re: [m2e-users] War overlays in m2e-wtp with workspace projects - is it possible?

the jetty plugin doesn't seem overly multi-module friendly (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JETTY-1517)
It seems that, without hacking some extraClasspath attribute AND having to install the dependencies in the local repo first, maven-jetty-plugin is unable to support projects from the maven reactor. Given that workspace projects behave more or less like project reactors, it won't work in eclipse.

For jetty:run to work in eclipse, *some* process would have to execute the project installation / assembly first, replace m2e's file reference (currently the target/classes folder) in the Artifact instance used by the jetty plugin, then the jetty plugin would unzip the binary to do its thing. Seems preposterous right? A more elegant approach would probably be to inject some extraclasspath magic dust into jetty  when invoking jetty:run

If Jesse doesn't want to make his plugin support workspace projects, somebody will have to step up and do the work. The best place to strenghten the bridge between m2e and jetty would probably be webby at the moment. Or a new m2e-jetty integration plugin. Not m2e core, not m2e-wtp.

Currently, your best chance is probably to forget jetty:run in eclipse and either use webby or m2e-wtp, whichever works best for your use case.