Re: [m2e-users] war artifacts, glassfish, m2e - a neverending painful story

Hi Fred;

and first off, thanks for your feedback on that.

Am Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2013, 10:14:09 schrieb Fred Bricon:
> Are you using m2e-wtp <http://www.eclipse.org/m2e-wtp/>? It's required if
> you expect your project to be configured and deployed to any WTP server.
> It's actually server agnostic, only tells WTP what to deploy stuff to a
> server (the deployment assembly).

Ah, no. That was missing...  again. :(  Isn't m2e-wtp part of the "regular"
Eclipse update sites yet? I see that at least m2e itself comes with Juno out
of the box... Anyway:

[...]
> You should never manually change the deployment assembly page (which is a
> front-end for .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component) as its settings
> are controlled by the maven-war-plugin configuration. basically what's
> deployed is :
> - src/main/webapp : your primary web resources
> - target/m2e-wtp/web-resources : generated stuff / secondary web resources.

It is working this way, by now. Though I still had to manually tell the
"Deployment Assembly" configuration to include the maven dependencies, at least
this time this setup remained in place and the project actually deploys / runs
fine.

> Similarly, the maven-compiler-plugin configuration controls the java
> settings in eclipse (it's an m2e core feature). So you need to make sure it
> explicitely declares java 1.6 (as it defaults to 1.5) in order to get your
> eclipse compiler set accordingly.

I will check that. Usually, this setting in our case should come from the
parent pom so I will see whether anything has gone wrong in this. Is this (for
war artifacts) m2e-wtp specific, too?

Thanks again and all the best,
Kristian

Back to the top