Re: [m2e-users] Filtering plugin execution by execution id

Hi Igor,

Thank you for your detailed answer. Regarding the use-case, it may not be relevant for plugins that are dedicated to very specific tasks but it may be important for more general-purpose plugins. One real-life example I have on one of our projects is the use of the exec plugin whose java goal is triggered multiple times. One of this execution is needed for code generation (later included by the build-helper) whereas the others can be safely ignored to speed-up the eclipse build. antrun would be another example of such general-purpose plugin that would benefit from an execution id filtering.

Of course, I can hear the voice saying "just make a maven plugin out of this legacy code"... But I still believe it would be a quick win for M2E. May I still open an RFE ?

Thanks,
Vincent

Back to the top