Re: [m2e-users] recommended m2e install steps

The latest version of m2e probably hasn't been explicitly tested with 3.6, which isn't to say that it won't work.

The version in the 3.7 repository was tested with 3.6: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.7

On 16 October 2012 10:32, Hao-Chen2 <Hao.Chen2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks, so update from http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases is recommended if I’m using 3.6?

From: m2e-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:m2e-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Matthew Piggott
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:18 PM
To: Maven Integration for Eclipse users mailing list
Subject: Re: [m2e-users] recommended m2e install steps

Marketplace Client isn't part of all Eclipse distributions ;)  For Eclipse 3.7 or 3.8 you should be able to find m2e in the release repository.

The Sonatype site is the legacy version, we moved development to Eclipse.

On 16 October 2012 10:05, Thorsten Heit <thorsten.heit@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

> Anyone can provide me the recommended steps of installation of the
> m2e plugin. Like which update site(s) with what kind of
> preconditions and with what kind of orders?

This depends on which version and distribution of Eclipse you have installed.
The simplest way is via the Marketplace client ("Help" menu). Start it, search for "m2e" and/or "maven" and install it.

HTH

Thorsten