[m2e-users] m2e specific actions

Hey guys,
I'm trying to configure an osgi project built with maven when on a CI server and eclipse/m2e when on my development environment. The goal is to make the project run locally using Equinox so that i can debug it.

I need to copy the dependencies to a destination folder so that i can use that folder in a custom target platform to run the project. The issue i have here is that i need to do this ONLY when in eclipse. i.e. only when m2e is the one in charge. Is there a way to specify actions that only m2e will execute but that are ignored outside of m2e when running maven in the CI?

My current solution is just using maven profiles and it looks like this. This is a snippet of my POM

<pluginManagement>
<plugins>
<!--This plugin's configuration is used to store Eclipse m2e settings
only. It has no influence on the Maven build itself. -->
<plugin>
<groupId>org.eclipse.m2e</groupId>
<artifactId>lifecycle-mapping</artifactId>
<version>1.0.0</version>
<configuration>
<lifecycleMappingMetadata>
<pluginExecutions>
<pluginExecution>
<pluginExecutionFilter>
<versionRange>[2.5.1,)</versionRange>
<goals>
<goal>copy-dependencies</goal>
</goals>
</pluginExecutionFilter>
<action>
<execute>
<runOnIncremental>false</runOnIncremental>
<runOnConfiguration>true</runOnConfiguration>
</execute>
</action>
</pluginExecution>
</pluginExecutions>
</lifecycleMappingMetadata>
</configuration>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</pluginManagement>
</build>

<profiles>
<profile>
<id>developer</id>
<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<version>2.5.1</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>copy-dependencies</id>
<phase>process-resources</phase>
<goals>
<goal>copy-dependencies</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>
</profile>
</profiles>

As you can see, the idea is just to have a profile that is not enabled in a CI and I also specified <runOnIncremental>false</runOnIncremental> and <runOnConfiguration>true</runOnConfiguration> in the lifecycle-mapping plugin so that m2e doesn't execute the copy-dependencies on incremental builds

Does this make sense? is there a better way to specify an action as being in the "m2e scope" instead of using maven profiles? the only small inconvenience with my workaround is that if I were to run maven locally in the CLI (no m2e) it would also copy the dependencies since the profile is activated at the system level in the maven settings, but outside of eclipse/m2e, this step is useless. I also like to avoid maven profiles if possible

I'm using Eclipse 4.2.1, maven 3.0.4 and m2e 1.2
Thanks for your help

DISCLAIMER: Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not relate to the official business of the company are neither given nor endorsed by the company. Thank You.

Back to the top