Re: [m2e-users] How to correctly get a checked-out project to be a Maven Java project

On 12-09-10 6:03 PM, KARR, DAVID wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: m2e-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:m2e-users-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Igor Fedorenko
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 2:31 PM
To: m2e-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [m2e-users] How to correctly get a checked-out project to
be a Maven Java project

Does everything work as expected if you checkout the project using
command line svn client and then import it as existing maven project in
workspace?

That provided one trivial improvement and added one big defect and a smaller niggle.

It automatically created the same .project file that was created when I made the first project a Maven project.

However, even though I checked out the project from SVN, the imported project lost any knowledge of a mapping to SVN.

Also, importing the project that way didn't let me give the project a different name from its pom artifact name, which I often need.

Otherwise, it still left the project without knowledge of its java sources or dependencies.

This proved that the problem is not specific to import from svn but some
other more generic issue either with the project or with m2e
installation. I will need a small standalone example I can use to
reproduce the problem locally to say anything more specific.

Igor