[m2e-users] M2Eclipse / Eclipse Indigo / LifecycleMapping configuration

Hi,

in past I used Eclipse 3.5.1 with old m2eclipse version. Now I've
updated to Eclipse Indigo with new integrated m2eclipse.

I am searching yet for a while for a documentation of the
lifecycle-mapping plugin with all the possible tags (<configurator>,
<pluginExecution>, etc.),
reasonable example configurations etc. All what I can find is
distributed documentation explaining backgrounds etc. but not providing
some examples how to implement the configuration.

I want a really simple configuration ignoring all plugin execution. If I
want to execute a plugin I use run configurations. The only thing I need
m2e is to manage dependencies.
To achieve this I dont want to add <pluginExecution> elements for all
plugins (at least 15 plugins) in my project pom's.

By the way, I think the pom is really a bad place to put eclipse
specific configuration.

Best Regards
/roman

Back to the top