Re: [m2e-users] Build Failure on Package

sdoca sdoca wrote:

[...] "Run As ->  Maven package", I get the following error:

[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile (default-compile) @ switch-provisioning-rest-client ---
[INFO] Compiling 2 source files to C:\Devel\EclipseProjects\MyProject\target\classes
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[ERROR] Failure executing javac, but could not parse the error:
javac: invalid flag: -s

This issue is not really specific to m2e but applies to mvn in general, as such the Maven user list might provide a better audience for help.

IIRC, the specific error means you trying to use a JDK 1.5 while you need JDK 1.6+ where the javac option in question was added. Assuming your project should actually compile against JDK 1.5, downgrading the maven-compiler-plugin version might also do, I would expect it started to use the -s option when the annotation processing support was added.

Benjamin

Back to the top