[m2e-users] dependencies in m2e.core

Hi m2eclipsers,

We're trying to use m2e core (a couple of extension points and some
classes) in a command-line application, and have discovered that at least
in an older version that m2e.core bundle has a dependency on
org.eclipse.search, which has a number of dependencies on UI code
(org.eclipse.ui, swt, jface I think, etc).  For our command-line
application, we don't want all this UI code (for size, load time, etc).

First question:  Is there any way that the m2e.core dependency on
org.eclipse.search be removed?...and/or isolated in a m2e.core.ui plugin?
What would be required to get this to happen?  Bug/enhancement request,
etc?

Second (unrelated) question:  I've seen that the m2e git repo doesn't seem
to have Eclipse project structure (so they can't be imported into an
Eclipse workspace).  Are there some instructions/procedure for getting the
current m2eclipse source code into an Eclipse workspace?

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top