[m2e-users] Automatic project changes resolution

Hi all,

I'm new to m2e, so my question might sound strange. I would appreciate if you point me to some documentation in that case.

We have dozens of sub-projects in our 3-level pom tree and people keep adding and removing some of them on a bi-weekly basis. The problem is further complicated by a fact that not all newly added projects result in compile-time error when they are missing. The could end up not being dropped into OSGi container since people forget to import them properly and Eclipse for some reason doesn't know about their existence automatically.

Currently, people have to watch some mailing list and whenever there is such an event, they have to go and either manually invoke import wizard for the very root pom and add missing projects or manually remove some of the not needed ones. Moving/renaming is a combination of removing/adding.

That all is very error prone and we would like to automate/simplify the process somehow.

Ideally, we would like to have the following workflow:
1) sync
2) fire Eclipse
3) Some hook to trigger which would analyze developer's workspace against latest pom tree (the very root pom is fixed and known)
4) There should be some button somewhere which would be:
- green, if everything is all-right
- red, if not
Clicking it should automatically remove not needed projects (and update Eclipse internals) and add the new ones (some sort of invoking import wizard in a silent mode).

Is it possible with the existing functionality? Or would we have to somehow extend m2e?

Any help would be very appreciated!

Back to the top