Re: [m2e-users] Configuring the web.xml file with m2e-wtp

Hi,

There's not been any response to this, not even a "you're talking
rubbish" ;) However, I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas? If
necessary, I can generate a trivial project that demonstrates this
problem; perhaps I should just raise an issue at
https://bugs.eclipse.org

Thanks,

Greg

On 4 September 2011 19:53, Greg Thomas <greg.d.thomas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the jspc-maven-plugin compiler to pre-compile my JSPs when I
> package my project in to a WAR file. Part of that process is to
> generate a web.xml file that is a combination of the one based on the
> hand-crafted ${basedir}/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml in the
> project, and the result of the JSP pre-compilation.
>
> You then need to specify the location of this combined web.xml file
> with something like <webXml>${pom.basedir]/target/jspweb.xml</webXml>
> in the maven-war-plugin <configuration>, so that the generated WAR
> file includes the combined web.xml file. As far as packaging the
> project, this works fine.
>
> Unfortunately, it seems m2e-wtp uses the web.xml file specified in the
> maven-war-plugin as the web.xml to deploy to the Apache server in
> Eclipse and not the unmodified original in the sources.
>
> Is there any way to tell m2e-wtp to use the
> ${basedir}/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml instead of the
> ${pom.basedir]/target/jspweb.xml when deploying to Apache? I can
> always manually remove incorrect entry then add the right one under
> the "Deployment Assembly" configuration of the project every time
> "Update Project Configuration" is run, but that seems a bit awkward
> and I was wondering if it could be done in the pom.xml in any way.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg

Back to the top