Re: [m2e-users] Test sources and resources are being packaged

Fred, right now I'm stick with 0.11.x because I can olny update m2e version after planning to do so with all other developers (and we are a distributed team, so we need more time for that).

I updated project configuration (again) and it now works, but let me try to explain the long version of the story (maybe you can figure out what really happened because it´s now working, but I still can´t know why it was a problem before):

1. I had testSourceDirectory and testResources configured in a parent pom.xml since months but in the child ejb module there was not any tests (the folders in this module did not even exist until last week - too bad, I know, but unfortunately the manager was not treating the tests as they deserve);

2. Last week I started writing unit tests for this module and so I created the folders (through windows explorer) and then I'm absolutely sure I used maven > update project configuration .. I'm sure because only after doing this I became able to see those created test folders as source folders inside Eclipse;

3. Then I spent the whole week only writing tests and didn't try to deploy the project to the server. Yesterday, when I was finished in writing tests, I tried to deploy and then noticed test sources were also being deployed through m2e (even after I had already updated project configuration). Then I sent previous email to the list reporting the behavior.

4. Now we are in the present. I followed your instructions and checked that ModuleCoreNature was already present in the ejb module .project and the test source entries were actually referenced on my ejbproject/.settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component

5. Remember: I had already updated project configuration last week to start writing the tests and still test sources were being deployed. But now what may be strange is that after updating project configuration again, the test source entries were removed from org.eclipse.wst.common.component and now m2e is working as expected (not deploying test sources).

I don't know what I may have done to dirty eclipse configuraton files while I was writing the tests, so I don't know if it will be possible to catch this "bug" (if there is really any) at this moment. From now on, I'll be writing more tests and I'll be deploying to the server and if I notice the error again and if I have more information that might be helpful, then I'll bring it back to you.

Thanks,
Rafael.