[m2e-users] cannot create Maven project with m2eclipse on Windows

Hello everybody,

I just started  to use Maven and m2eclipse on Indigo. It works well in my preferred environment, OS X, but it doesn't in a Windows environment at work. I get this message when creating a project with maven-archetype-quickstart:

Could not resolve archetype org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetype-quickstart:RELEASE from any of the configured repositories.
Could not resolve artifact org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetype-quickstart:pom:RELEASE
Failed to resolve version for org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetype-quickstart:pom:RELEASE: Could not find metadata org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetype-quickstart/maven-metadata.xml in local (D:\Documents and Settings\ex36672\.m2\repository)
Failed to resolve version for org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetype-quickstart:pom:RELEASE: Could not find metadata org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetype-quickstart/maven-metadata.xml in local (D:\Documents and Settings\ex36672\.m2\repository)

What I also observe is that every time I try to create a Maven project, it downloads the maven archetype plugin again, which seems to indicate a problem in updating the local repository. I'm behind a firewall at work. I configured Eclipse to go through the firewall (I was able to install m2eclipse from eclipse.org), but it looks like there is a communication problem with the Maven central repository.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Back to the top