Re: [m2e-users] m2e addicted to ~/.m2

m2e uses an Embedded Maven version. It has no knowledge of any existing maven installation (you could use m2e without installing maven locally)
So you need to tell m2e explicitely what global configuration it must use. Go to Window > Preferences > Maven > Installations > Global settings

HIH

Regards,

Fred Bricon