[m2e-users] m2e addicted to ~/.m2

I've been trying for over an hour to get m2e stop using ~/.m2 as my local repository.

In my global settings.xml file I have

<localRepository>C:/Program Files (Open)/maven/.m2</localRepository>

I do not have any ~/.m2/settings.xml, so I am assuming it should default to the global settings. It certainly is reading the global settings.

And sure enough in Eclipse C:/Program Files (Open)/maven/.m2 shows up as my local repository. But for some reason whenever I build something it puts everything in ~/.m2, and when I do an install it puts everything there too.

It is also putting stuff in C:/Program Files (Open)/maven/.m2 as well, but it seems to be rather schizophrenic about where the actual local repository is. Is there any way I can convince m2e to not use ~/.m2 and obey the global settings.xml?

Cheers, Eric

Back to the top