Re: [m2e-users] Missing Artifact HELL

try m2e 1.0, which is already included in Eclipse 3.7/Indigo "for Java
Developers" distribution available from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/.

Igor

On 11-07-30 8:15 AM, Tonio Caputo wrote:
Forgot to mention:
   m2eclipse 0.12 (last version), maven 3.0.2

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Tonio Caputo <tonioc@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:tonioc@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi Guys,

    I've read a lot of emails related to Missing Artifact problem, but
    a lot of them are quite specific with a missing artifact.

    This is not my case, these errors happens every now and then,
      and no specifically with one artifact, but with any artifact.

    It is really getting me crazy, I can spend a couple of hours
    a day once a week or so trying to solve this problem, and
    just thinking on moving to some other IDE, because of it.
    (MyLyn still retaining me :-)).

    Environment:
        Eclipse 3.5/3.6
        Ubunto 10.04 64 bits
        java 1.6_0.23

    The basic problem:
        When starting Eclipse, usually after a couple of days of not
        working on the workspace, Eclipse starts reconstructing
        the workspace and a lot of projects appear with errors
        saying Missing Artifact, although all artifacts are already
        stored in my local repository.

        Most of the time configuring maven to work offline works but not
        always, still telling me Missing Artifact (sounds really crazy,
    but yes it happens)

        Of course compiling with mvn in command line works perfectly
        well offline or online.

        I've tried kind of infinite ways of doing it, reimporting from SVN,
        closing, deleting and re-importing locally, changing pom to force
        update of the project, not using the embedded version of maven,
        etc..., etc..., etc....., ETC.....

        And suddenly it begins to work, I was never able why this magic
        is happening,  but don't forget this can take a COUPLE of hours.

        Seems starting from scratch, new workspace and importing
        all projects again will always work, but that's not an easy task
        for every day.

        I remember long time ago this kind of thing always happened when
        running mvn from cmdline while working in Eclipse, so I take
    special care
        not to do this, but any how a eclipse restart should solve
        it (I think :-)).

    Is there any thing I can do to make this work,
    any cache in workspace ?
    any configuration in Eclipse ?

    I've tried Eclipse 3.5/3.6 both of them have the same problem, and seems
    3.7 still works with the same version of m2eclipse, so I won't hurry to
    be disappointed once more.

    Any help with this will be greatly (really BIG GREATLY), welcome
    thanks
    Tonio