Re: [m2e-users] feedback M2E Ingio - m2e connector concept

Am 27.06.11 17:21, schrieb Jason van Zyl:
On Jun 27, 2011, at 4:19 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

Every team member working on the same set of projects will have to make the same workspace configuration. Is this really better than adding config to the pom?
Not every team member uses Eclipse. Why should they have their POM "polluted" ?

If a team lead makes changes to the POM and checks those in, then regardless of what happens to a developer's Eclipse installation or workspaces the information is stored somewhere it can be utilized. For one developer it might not matter much -- though I would argue it's still easier being in the POM -- but for the team it is undoubtedly better being in the POM. If I spent 10 minutes correctly the POM for execution what purpose would it serve making N developers on the team do the same. Where N is high the cost is high. Easily cost maintenance by putting it in the POM.
Why must I any configuration for Eclipse in pom making?  The time cost a money and the all know, that other IDE exist, that make better and simple. For two year I had a work for move all project from ant to maven and all developer had say, that all installation for m2e with wtp was complex. But now it more complex. Maven is a tool, that help developer to develop, and m2e is a plugin, that help eclipse the maven pom understand, but not another.  Maven > M2E > Eclipse, but not Eclipse > M2E > Maven.

Alexander Vaysberg
/max

--
Sent from my SGS

"Hervé BOUTEMY" <herve.boutemy@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I like this new feature: it's better to know something is not done than
simply
ignoring it
but this red X is really annoying

what about to store the list of ignored mojos in m2e confign for the
whole
workspace?
m2e configuration in Eclipse configuration seems natural

of course, this would be a configuration at wrokspace level, not
project level.
But is configuration at project level useful ?

Notice: sorry for not having reported this issue before, have this
discussion,
and find a solution together...

Hervé