Re: [m2e-users] Changing workspace dependency artifact path

I had the same issue in the ManifestConfigurator. Project artifacts don't appear in the generated classpath, because the archiver checks if the file exists.
I worked around it by creating temporary files for projects. See
https://github.com/sonatype/m2eclipse-wtp/blob/master/org.maven.ide.eclipse.wtp/src/org/maven/ide/eclipse/wtp/manifest/AbstractManifestConfigurator.java#L295
and
https://github.com/sonatype/m2eclipse-wtp/blob/master/org.maven.ide.eclipse.wtp/src/org/maven/ide/eclipse/wtp/manifest/AbstractManifestConfigurator.java#L436

It's clearly a bad hack, so fixing it upstream is a really good idea :-)