[m2e-users] POM Editor Functionality for Indigo

Where has it all gone???

I was very upset to see that the POM editor has lost the ability to view the different elements of the pom.xml. At first I thought it was just because the “advanced tabs” option wasn’t enabled but after a few minutes of not finding the option I realized that the functionality has just been removed. I was really looking forward to the tighter integration of m2e within the Indigo release and so far I am liking everything other than the POM editor changes.

There was another post to the list with a response that the other tabs were for “obscure pom.xml elements”. I thought that plugins and reporting are a primary feature of maven?!? How about the “Repositories” tab, not being able to conveniently enter the release and snapshot repositories seems essential to releasing a maven project. Then there are profiles which some development shops use fairly consistently.

Please let the community know the reasoning behind the removal of these features as they were allowing for the creation of the pom.xml to be quick and efficient. Now I can’t say the same.

--

Shawn Clark

Back to the top