Re: [m2e-users] Using the JDT compiler?

On Tuesday, June 14, 2011 08:41:53 PM Igor Fedorenko wrote:
> m2e uses jdt compiler by default when compiling classes inside Eclipse
> workspace. This is done by reading maven-compiler-plugin configuration
> and mapping it to JDT project settings.

Yes, that's fine. My question was aiming at maven-driven compile.

Actually, the setup of using JDT compiler for incremental builds
and using javac towards packaging etc. might account for a significant
number of bugs reported against the JDT compiler, where users are
confused about different messages reported by both compilers.
For all the cases where the JLS leaves room for several interpretations
this comparison is an unnecessary excercise. IMHO it'd be easier if only
one compiler would be used through-out.

> At the moment m2e only knows how
> to map configuration of compilerId=javac and this is why you see "plugin
> execution not covered" errors.

Are there any plans to add support for compilerId=jdt to m2e?

> The wiki page you reference is not complete yet, but it is rather high
> on our priority list and I expect to have more details soon-ish (sorry,
> can't promise anything more specific).

I'm looking forward to that ...
Stephan

BTW: do you have a list of what JDT settings can be configured via
the maven-compiler-plugin configuration? Put differently, what's the
recommended strategy to define, e.g., per-project error/warning settings?

Back to the top