[m2e-users] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Ignoring the enforcer plugin

> lifecycle-mapping is only expected to be used inside <pluginManagement/>
> pom.xml section, and Maven itself does not perform any validation of
> lifecycle-mapping poms, etc. Some projects put lifecycle-mapping to
> special profile activated inside m2e only to be extra sure m2e
> configuration is not affecting their command line builds.

Yes, sure, but that doesn't really answer my question:
Is the lifecycle mapping section, say, some kind of XML that is only parsed internally by m2e? Looking at the pom it seems to be a plugin that is downloadable somewhere (although only used/usable by m2e)...

Regards

Thorsten

Back to the top