Re: [m2e-users] Relationship between Maven 3 and M2Eclipse

m2e 0.12.1 comes bundled with maven 3.0.2, so you don't need to do
anything to use this version.

it is possible to configure other maven versions to be used by
RunAs->Maven launch configurations via Maven/Installations workspace
preferences.

Igor