[m2e-users] Relationship between Maven 3 and M2Eclipse

Previously I was using M2Eclipse without having downloaded Maven2 and things were mostly working (except I could only run my unit tests from Eclipse, not M2Eclipse). Apparently M2Eclipse uses its own copy of Maven because maven was working and I never instealled Maven2 or Maven 3? Which version of Maven does M2Eclipse use?

So I was looking around to install M3Eclipse! Then I read M2Eclipse supports Maven 3. How could that be? Does it look for M2_HOME?

So if I am using the M2Eclipse plugin, how do I tell it to use M3 instead of M2?

Thanks,
siegfried

Back to the top