[m2e-users] Only Dependencies from top level pom.xml in classpath

Sorry for the confusion, this is an already existing project and I cannot break it into multiple projects at this time.  Nor can I checkout each module as its own project.  Unfortunately the top level project has all the attached source (coming from different modules).

I.E (three source folders for the project):
jar/main/java/src for the jar
ear/main/java/src for the ear
war/main/java/src for the war

So the top level pom contains the modules:
<module>jar</module>
<module>ear</module>
<module>war</module>

But this pom does not contain the dependencies for each of those modules, each module has at least one more pom file, ie under the jar folder the is a pom that contains the dependencies for the jar stuff.

This is an old project and I really cannot break it apart at this point.  So I am stuck, basically I am adding in each jar file to the classpath.  the problem is that whenever I need a new dependency or a newer version I have to update the correct pom file and I have to remove the old version of the jar from the classpath and add the new version to the classpath.  I would really like to just update the pom and have the plugin deal with my classpath.

Do anyone have any other ideas that might work??

Thanks!

Back to the top