Re: [m2e-users] missing lyficecle mapping for "war"

No, m2e will not try to guess anything. Somebody will have to explain
m2e what to do with war projects.

We could provide some dumb configuration (or "lifecycle mapping" as we
call it) as part of the core, but currently we are leaning towards not
doing that.

Those red markers for unsupported/unknown packaging types and maven
plugin executions provide immediate and clear feedback that there is a
problem, which I believe is much better behaviour than current
may-or-may-not-work experience. There will also be quick-fixes to
discover and install additional m2e extension, just give us few more
weeks to finish the core... and then whatever Fred needs to do m2e-wtp ;-)

Igor