Re: [m2e-dev] Release Planning

On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 12:48 PM Christoph Läubrich <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > Knowing the a due-date for submissions longer in advance could also
 > reduce the endgame rush we just experienced.

That's the problem, actually 'agile' don't is another term for
unorganized release whenever you think it fits.

Especially if we want an agile development process we need clear rules
what happen when (I'm also fine wit 'automatic release each week, please
finish until Friday').

Currently it is more: Get something in and it probably would approach
some time (as literally not every committer can actually do a release
easily!).

^^ That is probably the biggest issue we should be speaking about. What are the issues preventing committers to do a release?

And even if we are not officially bound to the SimRel cycle it just
takes another three month until everything bubbles up as it is not
realistic for everyone to expect they are (allowed!) using snapshots.

 > An issue for each action is a bit too fine grain IMHO.

For sure we can polish this a bit, but actually it is not worse to drop
a line what one tries to accomplish you don't have to write a full blown
user-story, I often found that these 'small things' tend to grow bigger
and in the end I always create a ticket just to have it referenced as
the branch-name :-)