[m2e-dev] Anything wrong with maven-bundle-plugin?

The maven bundle-plugin [1] has a lifecycle-mapping-metadata.xml and from the declaration it should be called on each change (runOnIncremental=true).

What I do is the following:

1) go to the target/classes/META-INF and open the MANIFEST.MF in an editor
2) create a new class in a new package (that should trigger a modified manifest as a new package is exported) 3) But the MANIFEST.MF file stays unchanged (timestamp remains the same and content as well)
4) now I do Maven>Update Project and choose to update the given project
5) now I see my changes applied

The same seems to be possible when doing a Project>Clean.

Is my expectation wrong or is the maven-bundle-plugin doing something wrong? Is it possible to get some info about invoked mojos?

Use configuration is:

<build>
	<plugins>
		<plugin>