Re: [m2e-dev] Removal of "look-for-funding" tag in official repo

Hi Mickael,

sorry for confusion, feel free to remove it in the meanwhile.

I just think we should tag feature (request) somehow that are (yet) not profitable enough to be addressed by any of the committer of the project and thus would require some kind of invest (e.g. offering some money, developer-time, ...) because I found that people are getting frustrated why "their" feature does not get addressed for a long time.

Maybe we can find a better name for this...

I'm thinking for instance, we could add a note about funding
opportunities in the CONTRIBUTING.md, with a clear rule of who can be added here or not. Eg "those active contributors (more than 1 patch merged in the last 6 months) can be sponsored to work on m2e in general, or on particular issues:"

I think funding can also be company allowing one of its developers to invest time/contribute directly to a feature but for sure it would be good to list opportunities of developers willing to offer 'direct' support would be good!

I sometimes use the follwoing snippet if I found it suitable, maybe something similar can be used for CONTRIBUTING.md,

At least you have the following options to give more priority on your feature/bug report:

- Provide a small (executable) reproducer that shows your problem in form of a github repo, even better provide an itest showing your problem - Provide a patch that fixes the problem, its all open source and everyone is encourage to participate! - You can sponsor XXXXX (or search for someone else with java skills) and offer a funding for a feature or bug-fix if you need enterprise-support