Re: [m2e-dev] Move back default catalog to m2e?

I've been playing a bit more with the catalog and I'm wondering whether it could be possible to simply step "generating" the plugin.xml file from a connectors.xml file, and thus stop depending on the generator tools.
I find the connectors.xml not much simpler to edit than the plugin.xml (which has good assistance from PDE), and we can expect that anyone willing to contribute some m2e connector is capable of editing a plugin.xml. So to me, this step of generation makes the whole toolchain more complex, hence a potential migration back more complex.

In term of IP, if we remove this part of generation, there would be about no IP substance; the payload would only be a list of connectors, which doesn't constitute a noticeable artifact in term of IP (I'll try to get that confirmed when necessary).

I'll work on submitting a PR to apply the suggested proposals.

Back to the top