Re: [m2e-dev] Move back default catalog to m2e?

On Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 10:10 AM Fred Bricon <fbricon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm fine on principle with moving it back to the eclipse-m2e org, although I can't find the explanation of why it was moved out in the 1st place (https://github.com/eclipse-m2e/m2e-core/commit/b080287849453897a78336922dddd36ef2b88394).
Maybe Igor and/or Jason can chime in.

https://github.com/eclipse-m2e/m2e-discovery-catalog/ is still here but seems abandoned. The idea would be to move content from takari to eclipse-m2e. Their last common commit is https://github.com/takari/m2e-discovery-catalog/commit/6807d3c5143c0727e5e5fd5592b6b2a9b1db94ed , the eclipse-m2e repo has only 1 commit that diverged, so it would be trivial to merge.

I quickly went through the mailing-list history of 2nd half of 2012 and didn't see any message that gives an explanation. I have the impression that some infra (eg preferred CI or GitHub) could have been the trigger for a move.

Do I get it right that the publish logic is part of the GitHub Actions and nothing actually require some specific takari infra?

We'll probably need Jason's approval to move it back anyway, since it belongs to the takari organization.\

It's going to be tricky as there are contributions from many developers and I don't see a license header... I'll ask IP team anyway to sort out whether most of the commits do constitute IP matter as they only modify a catalog. If it's OK, only a few commits (those affecting pom I believe) would need to be IP reviewed and we'd only have to ask a few contributors for their agreement.

I'm not certain it's as important to move this repo, and I believe it can be done in a separate step.

Back to the top