Re: [m2e-dev] Moving Git repo to GitHub?

I personally don't care about what's "better" (the good is always the enemy of the better) but find the workflow of GitHub much more easier than the gerrit flow (even though I finally managed to get this working to some extend). Maybe this is because Eclipse using an outdated gerrit, maybe because I'm not familiar enough with git at all to understand all the pros and cons :-)

As it is all git, it should be possible to handle GithubPRs as Gerrit-Reviews, but thats maybe out of scope.

I find it generally easier to participate(!) via gihub just because you don't need (at first place) an 'extra' account and could work with many projects (eclipse or others) by just hitting the fork button. The split between git and gerrit-review was confusing at least when I started working with gerrit, also that I have to configure different push-targets and can't fork right away.

From my side I would always vote for any project to participate in github instead of an own infra (either cvs,sv,gti,... whatever) not because the one is better but because of the bigger user-base and the incredible easy way to fork and instantly start to hack, push and open a PR without any need to acquire the right "access-levels".