[m2e-dev] Change in Maven Parent resolution

Hi,

I've pushed a change[1] to the master branch of Maven regarding MNG-5669 (same pom.xml is read multiple times)[2].
It is for preparation of other improvements.
One major change is that for reactor-poms the parents are first looked up based on the relativePath instead of GroupId/ArtifactId/Version and cached by Source(the pom location)
I think it makes sense to have a similar change in the org.apache.maven.model.resolution.WorkspaceModelResolver.
As far as I know M2E contains an implementation for this interface, so I would like to discuss if and how we should extend this interface.

thanks,
Robert Scholte

ps. Maven 3.7.0 will be the first version that requires Java 8, but I assume that's not an issue.

[1] https://github.com/apache/maven/commit/716cc1fe02661897232a7cc3e4c1bb3b3df3b832
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5669

Back to the top