[m2e-dev] creating org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping:pom:1.0.0 in central to avoid MPIR reporting failure

Hi,

Recently, org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-mapping was added to Maven's parent pom to
better manage some plugins in m2e: see MPOM-201 [1]
Since then, when doing a plugin management report during documentation
generation, we get a failure to download org.eclipse.m2e:lifecycle-
mapping:pom:1.0.0
I created MPIR-375 [2] to add a new feature to the report plugin to ignore
some plugins like this one: this is one option at report level to workaround
the issue.

But while thinking at it, it would be IMHO easy for m2e to push a basic pom to
that coordinate and would avoid to add a new configuration in every user's
pom.xml: is it feasible, please?

Regards,

Hervé

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MPOM-201