Re: [m2e-dev] m2e and extensions.xml

Hi Andrei,

m2e definitely doesn't support Maven extensions. Not sure whether it's possible or no. Since only one Maven runtime is available for the whole workspace, I imagine you'd need to build a specific classloader per project, where you'd add those extensions. But with workspace resolution enabled, you might run into some weird scenarios were extensions for one project would leak into another.
I'd say start looking into MavenImpl, but I'm afraid it might require a major rewrite of m2e's internals to support customs extensions.
Anyways, I'm just speculating, I'm not familiar with that aspect of Maven, so other m2e committers might be more helpful on that topic.

Fred