[m2e-dev] Need to make custom dependencies appear on the "Maven Dependencies" classpath container

Hi, so recently I have a problem:
I am doing a custom eclipse for special purpose. I need to put a custom extension file, for instance "decoder.zpackage" into maven dependency for my project. Meanwhile, the project needs to be managed by maven, as my client hosts their own artifactory.

The .zpackage file is nothing more than a zip file. If I rename the file to "decoder.jar", and do the maven dependency, everything looks just fine. I can freely use everything within the package.

The client doesn't want to give up their "zpackage" name and insist that I have to show it in the "Maven Dependencies" classpath container in eclipse. But as far as I found, the m2e only accepted "jar" files and show them in classpath container. For any other type of file, including ".zip", it won't.

So I checked out the m2e code and trying to modify it to make it accept and show the custom extension file in classpath container. I modified the MavenSourcePathComputer.java and compiled it but it didn't really work. It seems this file has nothing to do with the classpath container after all.

I can only seek for help here, please tell me which file or module to look at in order to make m2e accept custom extension files.

Thanks !

--

Best Regards

Chong Jin

Software Engineer | Zafin America Inc

179 Colonnade Road-Suite 100 | Ottawa ON | Canada

Phone: +1 (613) 216-2504 | Fax: +1 (613) 688-1374

Web:http://zafin.com

Email: chong.jin@zafin.com

zafin new logo v02

Disclaimer: Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to Zafin North America and/ or its Customers and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited.

Back to the top