[m2e-dev] Where are Sources Jars?

Hi M2E Developers,

I am working on an Eclipse RCP application, and I would like to bundle the M2Eclipse Features into the RCP by default, as the tool guides users to make Maven based projects, and we do not want users to have to install M2Eclipse after installing the RCP.

From my understanding of the EPL-1.0 license, by including M2Eclipse in the RCP, I am required to have Sources downloads on-hand for anyone who requests them. But many of the sources jars for the M2Eclipse plugins are not published on any of the eclipse update sites, such as:

http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases/1.8/1.8.2.20171007-0217/plugins/?d

Some are present, but I noted at least the following are missing:

- m2e.archetype.common.sources

- m2e.importer.sources

- m2e.lifecyclemapping.defaults.sources

- m2e.maven.indexer.sources

- m2e.maven.runtime.sources

- m2e.maven.runtime.sl4j.simple.sources

- m2e.workspace.sources

Any pointers are greatly appreciated. I could probably find a way to create the sources jars from scratch by checking out the project, but if there is a better way to get the exact builds that are being bundled in the RCP I think that is preferred.

Thanks for the help,

Daniel

Back to the top