[m2e-dev] m2e-core-tests on different repo

Hi all,

I'm wondering why are the m2e tests are on a different repo. I remember there's a good reason, but I can't find it in my search history.
I think the reason should be mentioned in the README of m2e-core-tests.
On the long run (no commitment), I would like to evaluate whether some of those could be moved to the main repository. Indeed, as an occasional contributor, I really find that having distinct repositories for main and test code doesn't encourage to write a test with the patches, which is a pity. Then it becomes up to committer to bug the contributor for a test, which can be noise in more useful discussion and reduce a bit the efficiency of collaboration.

So basically, why this pattern? Any path possible to get back to the usual practices?

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse IDE developer, at Red Hat Developers community

Back to the top