Re: [m2e-dev] Wish to contribute an incubating bundle for easier import

Hi Mickael,

Is the patch set from april the latest one? I've added a couple more comments to it.
Apart from that it looks good.

Hi all,

[Reminder about context: https://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/UI/Smart_Import ]

The concerns raised previously about importer overriding existing Eclipse project metadata has been fixed in the importer, amongst many other things. I've updated the desired contribution on Gerrit.
As the goal is to have this import framework in Platform for Neon, it would be good for m2e to have this preliminary bundle already there. So people who want to experiment current import could get the m2e bundle; and further effort about making it mainstream will be easier.
FYI, other projects such as JSDT, EGit or Thym already adopted similar contribution to integrate with this import framework.

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat