Re: [m2e-dev] Wish to contribute an incubating bundle for easier import

Just glancing at the PR I think you will want more than the single activation criterion, that being the presence of a pom.xml file. There are still quite a few people who generate Eclipse metadata using the maven-eclipse-plugin so even though a pom.xml file is present they do not want the project imported with M2Eclipse. I changed the maven-eclipse-plugin to emit a comment about not working with M2Eclipse so you may need activators that do a little more work than asserting the presence of a particular file. Maybe if there is a pom.xml file and no existing project metadata then import it into M2Eclipse, and if there is project metadata checking if it has been generated from M2Eclipse previously or from the maven-eclipse-plugin and response accordingly.

On Apr 13, 2015, at 11:36 AM, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is a PR suggesting the support of this import framework: https://github.com/eclipse/m2e-core/pull/6
>
> --
> Mickael Istria
> Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat
> My blog - My Tweets

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder, Takari and Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
goals are in doubt.

  -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Back to the top