[m2e-dev] Is m2e ignoring output location set in Eclipse?

Hi Guys,

We’re investigating a bug that might possibly be an issue with m2e:

To summarise: in m2e-android we have to set the Eclipse project output location to bin/classes because the Google Android Developer Tools plugin is hard-coded to look for compiled binaries there.

However, when running tests using the JUnit launcher, the Maven default output location of target/classes is being added incorrectly to the JUnit classpath. We think this is because m2e reads the value from the MavenProject model object and ignores any value set in Eclipse.

Is this a bug in m2e? Should m2e respect the project output location preference in Eclipse and update the Maven model to keep the values in sync?

One of our users notes he’s getting similar issues with a non-Android Maven project:

Any insights would be very helpful.

Regards...

—
Ricardo Gladwell