Re: [m2e-dev] Is m2e ignoring output location set in Eclipse?

By default m2e indeed uses MavenProject to determine project classes and
test-classes directories. There is classifierClasspathProviders
extension point that should allow you to use alternative locations.

Igor

On 2014-12-30 13:43, Ricardo Gladwell wrote:
Hi Guys,

We’re investigating a bug that might possibly be an issue with m2e:

https://github.com/rgladwell/m2e-android/issues/221

To summarise: in m2e-android we have to set the Eclipse project output
location to bin/classes because the Google Android Developer Tools
plugin is hard-coded to look for compiled binaries there.

However, when running tests using the JUnit launcher, the Maven default
output location of target/classes is being added incorrectly to the
JUnit classpath. We think this is because m2e reads the value from the
MavenProject model object and ignores any value set in Eclipse.

Is this a bug in m2e? Should m2e respect the project output location
preference in Eclipse and update the Maven model to keep the values in sync?

One of our users notes he’s getting similar issues with a non-Android
Maven project:

https://github.com/rgladwell/m2e-android/issues/221#issuecomment-68313050

Any insights would be very helpful.

Regards...