Re: [m2e-dev] m2e resolves optional dependencies

I looked at this and was able to reproduce the behaviour you described.
I think this is a bug but I don't currently have the time to investigate
what causes it and how to fix it. If somebody contributes a quality
patch, I will try to review and provide feedback.

Igor

On 2013-03-07 5:19 AM, Alexander Potapov wrote:
Any updates on this case?

On 7 February 2013 17:36, Alexander Potapov <outro666@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:outro666@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hello,

    I have noticed one problem.

    I have project A which depends on project B and C.
    Project B has dependency on project C.
    All dependencies specified as optional=true in all projects.

    I have specified project B as the only one dependency in project A.

    Now If I open pom file of project A and navigate to dependency
    hierarchy, it shows everything correctly (only project B is shown,
    all optional stuff excluded). The same situation in Maven classpath
    entry.

    But, project A compiles. While it shouldn't. It sees project C over
    project B transitively.

    Also Maven build fails because it doesn't see project C. What is
    correct.

    What is the reason of this logic?

    Regards,
    Alexander