[m2e-dev] m2e resolves optional dependencies

Hello,

I have noticed one problem.

I have project A which depends on project B and C.
Project B has dependency on project C.
All dependencies specified as optional=true in all projects.

I have specified project B as the only one dependency in project A.

Now If I open pom file of project A and navigate to dependency hierarchy, it shows everything correctly (only project B is shown, all optional stuff excluded). The same situation in Maven classpath entry.

But, project A compiles. While it shouldn't. It sees project C over project B transitively.

Also Maven build fails because it doesn't see project C. What is correct.

What is the reason of this logic?

Regards,
Alexander

I have Juno SR1