Re: [m2e-dev] API for discovering dependent projects?

If I recall correctly, indexes downloaded by m2e from central don't have class/package information.
This means that you need to use REST API or search.maven.org [1] to discover the needed projects.
You probably want to combine that information with information from your local Nexus instance: it provides REST API and it provides classname search also.
Finally you might to combine it with JDT search results to include projects available in the workspace and not yet deployed to a reposiotory.

It would be really cool if m2e could provide such functionality out of the box :)

Cheers,
Rafał

[1] http://search.maven.org/#api