Re: [m2e-dev] Alternative maven-compiler-plugin plugins?

We already have such an extension point. As I tried to explain in [1],
m2e jdt configuration is supposed to be reusable and extensible. You can
either map the new groovy compilerId to existing
org.eclipse.m2e.jdt.javaConfigurator project configurator provided by
m2e.jdt or define new project configurator as subclass of
AbstractJavaProjectConfigurator and map the new groovy compiler to it.

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/m2e-users/msg00616.html

Igor