Re: [m2e-dev] Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration

m2e allows pluginExecutions mapping specific to a packaging type, i.e.
defined under <lifecycleMapping/> element with packagingType=avk of your
lifecycle-mapping-metadata.xml (for example, see how m2e-wtp does this
in [1]).

Don't map maven-jar-plugin globally, as this will enable your mapping
for all projects, something you don't want to do most likely.

[1] https://github.com/sonatype/m2eclipse-wtp/blob/master/org.maven.ide.eclipse.wtp/lifecycle-mapping-metadata.xml

Igor